Friday, January 28, 2011

Makeup Look of the Day: The Diva


This is the kind of woman who makes a statement without saying anything at all.  Barbra Streisand, Maria Callas, and Cher are the inspirations behind this look.  Not surprisingly, Kevyn Aucoin chose Isabella Rossellini (above) as his muse, and more recently Jennifer Aniston posed for a very similar shoot for Bazaar magazine.  The head tilt coupled with a strong profile shot show off the Diva signature-- a very dark and dramatic eye.    


On myself I didn't go quite as dramatic as I could have, in an attempt to present this as an everyday look. I used dark brown powder shadow in the crease and under eye areas. Then I applied black liquid liner to the upper lash line and extended it out longer than usual to meet the shadow, false lashes, and black mascara on my bottom lashes.  A soft pink powder blush was swept over the cheeks and a natural toned lip liner was applied under a semi-transparent lip gloss to keep the mouth somewhat muted in order to maintain the eye as the focal point.



                                       PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT
Although it's not the stand out item in this look, I have to credit the pink blush.  A good blush brings your entire look full-circle, especially in the case of a profile shot.  I used mark Good Glowing Custom Pick Powder Blush in After Glo, $8 (meetmark.com).  mark is a multi-level company targeted to younger women and owned by Avon.  This blush is one of my personal favorites because it's very flattering on my pale skin and has just the right amount of sparkle to reflect light around the cheekbones.
  








No comments:

Post a Comment