Sunday, December 12, 2010

Makeup Look of the Day: Simplicity

American model Chandra North

Here we go.  Look One: Simplicity.  This only took me 5 minutes. Very simple, natural, understated, soft look that everyone can pull off.  This only requires a few things.  I would recommend this look for makeup minimalists, and I know there are a lot of women out there who would categorize themselves as such.

 I like to use products from a very wide range of brands and I refuse to stay "loyal" to one brand of makeup.  There are just way too many options within the cosmetic industry to not experiment with a variety of products. Stay loyal to your friends, not your makeup.
the final result 

Here are the items I used:

-L'Bel Paris age-defying foundation (sante shade)
-Stila concealer (shade B; always my go-to concealer. it also lasts forever despite the tiny tube-- great investment)
-Mary Kay mineral eye color in Sienna
-Tweezerman eyelash curler (forget about Shu Uemura, Tweezerman is the way to go)
-Mary Kay Ultimate mascara in black
-Sonia Kashuk creme blush in Blossom
- Styli-Style lip pencil in Satin Rose

* the colors should obviously be tweaked to enhance your skin tone. I'm very fair so this would be the example of the Simplicity look on fair skin.

*useful tip from Kevyn: I applied blush over my lips before filling them in with pencil (only works with creme blush).

*Facebook is the best source for cropping pictures and is by far the easiest to use.  I've actually created an anonymous account that I use just for cropping pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment