Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Makeup Look of the Day: The Swinger

The Swinger was the "It Girl" of the Sixties.  An independent spirit paired with an effortlessly cool attitude, she prided herself on being the essence of what was considered modern for the time.  Dark yet natural toned eye makeup with heavy eyeliner, pale lips, and a bouncy hairdo defined the Swingin' Sixties Woman.

I used a light brown eyeshadow on my lids with a darker brown in the crease for more depth.  Then I applied a very thick line of black liquid liner to the the upper lids, drawing the line thickest in the middle of the lid.  Black mascara was then swiped onto curled lashes.  A light pink blush on the cheeks and a cool toned pink lip gloss complete the look.  I also squared off my eyebrows a little bit to give a more defined '60s style arch.


PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT

One of my favorite- and most effective- makeup tools is my Tweezerman metal eyelash curler.  It might not be the most obvious choice, but in my opinion, this is the best eyelash curler on the market.  It's also very easy to find since they are sold at pretty much any drugstore around.  I'm also a big fan of their tweezers and won't use anything other than the Tweezerman slant tweezer on my eyebrows to take care of those annoying strays.  Do yourself a favor and pick up both items!



No comments:

Post a Comment